Reviews and Comparisons of Whole House Water Filters
Learn how to compare whole house water filters. If you need to review the best rated water filtration systems, get started by watching this quick intro video to whole house water filtration now:
Compare high-capacity whole house water filters. These are designed for city water and larger homes. Compare the PurHome X-1000 by PuriTeam to the Aquasana Rhino, the Pelican PC-1000, the Cuzn DT-40, and the Wellness MG-111.
….Have a smaller home? Click here.
Below the following the chart, you will find explanations for each comparison item.
|ESTIMATED MEDIA LIFE||10 Years||10 Years||5 Years|
Coconut Shell Carbon
|CERTIFICATIONS||WQA: Garnet; NSF; KDF 55 – NSF Standard 42, Centaur Carbon, Calgon Carbon – NSF Standard 42||Pace tested to ANSI/NSF standard 42 (1,000,000 gallons at 97% chlorine reduction)||KDF-55 NSF 42, NSF 42 on carbon|
|POUNDS OF FILTRATION
|98lbs||(not listed on website)||(not listed on website)|
|12 tp 15||7||12 tp 15 (up to 20 peak)|
|WARRANTY||10 years system, 10 years pro-rated media||10 years||Lifetime on system, 5 years on media|
|PRE-FILTER||5 micron washable||5 micron & .35 micron (post filter)||5 micron|
|INHIBITS BACTERIAL GROWTH||YES||YES||YES|
|REDUCES CHLORAMINE||YES||upgrade option||YES|
|OTHER HEAVY METALS||YES||YES||NO|
|PERFORMANCE GUARANTEE||YES – 10 Years Pro-Rated||YES (10 Years)||YES (5 Years)|
REQUIRED FOR WARRANTY
|SATISFACTION GUARANTEE||YES – 6 Months||90 Days||90 Days|
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Pelican ® trademark is owned by Pelican Water Systems, An Enviro Water Solutions Inc Company.
* Two systems plumbed in parallel, necessary to achieve high flow rate.
The chart below provides the drinking water treatment unit (DWTU) standards that apply to the components of water filtration devices and whole systems. The standards make a distinction between health claims and aesthetic claims. Taste, odor and color are considered to be aesthetic claims, in addition to any claim that is not health-related. Chlorine reduction is the most common aesthetic claim. A chemical, chemical element or chemical compound that poses a health risk, such as nitrate, is designated as a health claim.
|Product Type||Applicable Standard|
|Filter with Aesthetic Claims||NSF/ANSI 42|
|Filter with Health Claims||NSF/ANSI 53|
|Water Softener||NSF/ANSI 44|
|UV Systems||NSF/ANSI 55|
|RO Systems||NSF/ANSI 58|
|Shower Filters||NSF/ANSI 177|
|Low Lead Certification||NSF/ANSI 372|
If you want to buy the best whole house water filter, there are a few very important things to consider about the X-1000 and the competition:
- KDF55 prolongs the life of carbon by 300% and is NSF certified water filtration media that is used in Hospitals, Restaurants, Municipal Water Treatment Facilities, and Homes across the United States
- Three different types of carbon-based media which focus on Chloramine and VOC removal also provide long lasting filtration
- Pro-rated for 10 years before it needs replacement
- Other systems need replacement after just 3 or 5 years
- 10 years for the system
- 10 years pro-rated for the media
- Other systems offer just 3 or 5 years for the system only
- PurHome X-1000 Media has a pro-rated guarantee to perform effectively for 10 years
- 6-month satisfaction guarantee
- 100% of customers surveyed would recommend the X-1000 to a friend – 100%!
- Other systems only offer a 3-month (or 90-day) satisfaction guarantee
- Inhibits bacterial growth
- Other heavy metals
Click here for information on removing fluoride at the whole house level.